Friday, May 2, 2014

Mexican Cornbread Bake - A great pantry dish!


This one is brought to you by... the leftover things in my pantry and fridge! I had a box of corn muffin mix, some fresh onions and peppers in my fridge, frozen corn, and salsa and cans tomatoes. What do you get when you put it all together? THIS little casserole-like bit of deliciousness. I loosely followed a recipe I found here, and omitted meat, since I didn't feel like thawing any and I didn't have any fresh meat available. Laziness at it's finest, people. Ha. ;) Anyway, I had a hodge podge of ingredients that I threw together for the veggies and just spread the cornbread mix on top following the directions on the box. It really could not be simpler. You could adjust it to whatever veggies you like and whatever you have on hand. The prep time was only as long as it took for me to preheat the over and chop the veggies, really, so this is a super fast and easy meal that can come together in less than 30 minutes! I hope you try it and enjoy it!

Tell me if you do, and tell me how you made it in the comments below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment