Sunday, April 6, 2014

Disneybound Outfit: Mary Poppins!


My youth group and I will be taking off this week for Baptist Bible College where we will be attending a youth ministry training. I'm excited for one day in particular when we will be playing a conference-wide game of Clue and a day to dress up as Disney characters!

Now, I'm all about costumes, however, I'm not about to attempt to get one together in two days (we just found out about the added costume fun). I have never been to Disneyworld or Disneyland, but I've been witnessing a really cool trend on Pinterest and tumblr called "Disneybound". Disneybound is simply wearing Disney character-inspired outfits to Disney, or anywhere, and I've been jumping at the chance to try it since I, unfortunately, won't be going to Disney any time soon. If you want to check out some great Disneybound outfits, I think this is the original trend-setting DisneyBound blog right hereSophie In Wonderland has a lot of original Disneybound outfits, and I really like Courtoon's Thor and Anna Outfits, too.

I scoured my closet looking for potential outfits, and I landed on one that will be really fitting. Can you tell who I am? Yup, Mary Poppins! :)

Because sometimes a youth leader feels like a nanny. Haha. Nothing like playing with and taking care of a bunch of kids and students from week to week! And sometimes when they're lazy, I even clean up after them; we're working on that, though! ;)

I just need a hat and an umbrella and I'm done with my outfit! I'm trying to convince Hubby to wear black and smudge a little black eye shadow all over his face to be Bert and we'll be quite the good-looking Disneybound couple. How many votes can I get for Hubs to dress up? Comment if you'd like to see him as Bert!

Have YOU ever made an inspired outfit? Have you used this concept as a costume party? Let me know in the comments! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment