Friday, March 28, 2014

Starbucks "Secret Menu" Lemonades Cookie Frappuccino *BONUS* Thin Mint Frapp!


lemonade cookie frappuccino
This one goes out to all the little girls selling cookies. Actually, at my college the other day, the Girl Scouts were set up right next to the Starbucks in our student center. And they were SO cute. I couldn't say no to their shining, hopeful faces... and that is how I justify buying a box each of Samoas, Tagalongs, and Thin Mints. Haha. ;) For the link to the recipe and my review, read more after the jump!

The Starbucks Lemonades Cookie Frappuccino was inspired by the Girl Scout cookie called, Lemonades (DUH! Lol.). I hope you've satisfied your cookie craving, and if not, maybe this will do it! Thank you, Starbucks Secret Menu for providing the recipe, right here!

This is so yummy, and though it's been forever since I've had a lemonades cookie, it took me back to my childhood. I think this creamy-lemony drink will definitely be something I try out on a warm day; it's pretty refreshing. The baristas at the store I was ordering this drink were concerned about the drink separating or curdling because there is both milk and lemonade in this drink; they offered to remake it for me if it didn't end up tasting good (gotta love that "love it or we'll remake it policy!). I tried it and it turned out just fine for me. I got nonfat/skim milk instead of the usual whole milk that is used in frappuccinos, so maybe that helped. I'd like to try this in the future with no milk and all lemonade to see if it tastes different or not because I think it would still be yummy without it. It seems to me that there is so little milk in it anyway that the overall taste wouldn't be too affected. The vanilla sauce from the vanilla macchiato definitely added a little bit of deliciousness on top, too, so I highly suggest ordering that as well.

*BONUS* THIN MINT TASTE-ALIKE * You can order this secret drink or if you have a Thin Mint craving, on the Starbucks menu are the Peppermint Mocha (hot, iced, and also in Frappucino form), Peppermint Hot Chocolate (also can be iced), and Peppermint Creme Frappuccino.

***SECRET RECIPE DISCLAIMER* As a barista, and for the sake of all baristas everywhere, please, please, PLEASE request a “Secret Menu” item in the correct way; if you walk up to the counter and request _____ secret drink, the barista will most likely give you a blank stare and then ask you what is in it. These secret recipe drinks are made up by people on the internet and are not taught to baristas; these are not on the menu and are not Starbucks recipes. These recipes are, indeed, delicious and fun to order, so please, if you’d like to order one, look up the recipe and bring it with you to give to the barista and they will gladly make it. In fact, they will probably want to try it sometime! Also, because the drinks often times have many add-ons, chances are you will be charged for the extras. The total for your drink will be more than the usual, just so you know what to expect. Thanks ahead of time, and enjoy! ;) *SECRET RECIPE DISCLAIMER***

No comments:

Post a Comment