Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Top 5 Favorite Photo Editing Apps - *Bonus App*


I have had a lot of my friends ask what apps I use to edit my pictures and put them into a collage when I post them to Instagram and Facebook, so I thought I'd share the apps I enjoy using. Take a look at my top 5 + 1 Bonus after the jump!


I like to use a few other apps either on their own or in combination with each other to create the pics I post to Facebook and Instagram. I like the stickers or text on one editor better than I may on another, yet I may like the option for filters on another for a pic, so I just end up editing a picture a couple different times until I like the finished product. All of these apps have the option of taking a picture directly from the app's camera or editing an existing picture, giving you a lot of options. I hope you like them all, let me know what you think of each one!

Instagram is an obvious choice for photo-editing and even picture-taking as it has become one of the leading social media apps. This app is a great way to share your photos to Instagram as well as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flikr. There are simple edits that you can do with just a tap. Great app for those who like to play with basic edits.

Cover art
Pixlr Express is my favorite app overall for editing. They have an option to make a picture collage as well as a full editor to make many adjustments, use effects, overlays, borders, and add text and stickers. If you're looking for a single app to do most of what you want and in a pretty straightforward way, I highly suggest Pixlr Express.


Cover art
PicsArt is another good app for picture collages and edits. This app also gives an option for drawing on pictures and creating pics from blank backgrounds. An added feature on this app that I really like is their "shape crop" edit that gives you tons of funky shapes to make your photos fit.

Cover art
Cymera has an added bonus to taking pictures. In the bottom corner when you are in shooting mode, there is an option for different lenses like the fish eye and a photo strip option. It also gives you a couple different ways to take pictures; I really like the "touch shots" option because, for whatever reason, I can never hit the screen in the right place when I'm taking a selfie or holding my phone in some obscure way to try to take a pic. Their photo editing is also nice and they offer a photo-sharing similar to Instagram. This app is very thorough in offering many options to edit, too.

Cover art
Fotor has a camera added as well and a "big button" option like the "touch shots" of Cymera. The camera and app gives you the additional option of the resolution you'd like to use. It also has editing options for different scenes such as "backlit", "darken", and "cloudy". They also offer their own effects, art, and photo-sharing just as the other apps I've described.

Cover art
*BONUS 6TH FAVORITE APP* InstaSize is a great app though it is not really a photo-editor. I love this app because often times I have a pic that I can't or don't want to crop and re-size to fit the small little square for Instagram posts; the whole pic fits so you don't have to compromise any pieces-parts of your precious photos. :) You're welcome. :)

Thanks for dropping by! Do you have any favorite photo apps? Tell me in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. AVIARY
    Aviary is another product by Adobe.com and they offer a free online photo editor that you can use to edit and upload your photos right on their site. It is built as a mobile app so you can download the app and use it with your photos that you take on mobile devices, as well.
    It boasts plenty of filters and embellishments that you can add to your toolbox to create the best photos possible for your blogs or websites.
    Adobe offers Aviary to seamless integrate with their other photo editing programs such as PhotoShop and others so you can sign in with your Adobe ID to do more with your photos.

    ReplyDelete