Friday, September 11, 2015

2 Months A Mother, Reflecting



WOW. I've been a mommy for over 2months now. I can't get over it! It's already gone so fast! My little Lincoln has grown so much. I've loved every cuddle and snuggle and smile I get out of him. I could live without some of the memories of crying, diapers, and getting all kinds of bodily fluids leaked upon me, but motherhood has been great so far. ;)

For those who did know, Lincoln was born on his due date; MY birthday! What a blessing to share a birthday with my son! And a such a rare thing to be born on the predicted due date.




Giving birth was quite the experience, to say the least. Haha. It didn't go the way I wanted it to, but that's okay because I didn't expect everything to go perfectly. I wanted to do water labor and wanted to be more up on my feet, but I felt so sick and tired that day I spent a limited amount of time walking around and on a yoga ball; before it all started, I was just laying down to sleep at 6:15 a.m. and my water broke at 6:30, so I'd been up for nearly a whole day already before I even started laboring. I was exhausted before I even started.
Getting an epidural was a last resort for me, but to make a kinda long story short, I went with through with it and it made my whole experience much more enjoyable. I went into labor on June 24th, and at 3:38 a.m. the next day, I gave birth to a beautiful little boy who we named Lincoln Uriah, 7 lbs. 9 oz., 20 in. long. He had some complications breathing so we ended up staying another 48 hours. Leaving the hospital knowing I could go home to sleep in my own bed without being woke up by nurses and beeping noises constantly was awesome. We then had a run-in with jaundice as well as tongue and lip ties that got corrected, and now we are up and running with breastfeeding and life in general. We're a family! Cory, Samantha, Lincoln, and our pup, Cali.

Lincoln is now over 10 pounds and 23 inches long. We got our first family vehicle. He's gone from waking 2-3 times a night to only once early in the morning! (Praying this lasts! Lol. I don't expect it to, but boy, wouldn't that be great!?). Our family, friends, and church LOVE our little guy, too.




I can't wait to see where God leads us through life as a family. How many kids will we have? What will they enjoy doing? Where will we live? All things we'll come to in His time. :)

What are your favorite memories of becoming a new parent? Did your birth go the way you wanted or not so much? Share in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment